While winter seems like it has overstayed its welcome in Lebanon – Wilson County, Tennessee, its impact on your heating bill isn’t easing up any time soon. Lowering energy costs during the coldest months of the year can be challenging, but that doesn’t mean you can’t take steps that make a difference. The home heating pros at Bentley’s Air Conditioning recommend these chill-chasing tweaks to save energy and money.
- Keep your blinds open over the warmest hours of the day to allow sunlight in, helping heat your home naturally.
- Seal cracks around windows and doors with caulk or weather stripping.
- If you haven’t already, install a programmable thermostat to better control the temperature in your home and enhance energy efficiency.
- Clean or replace your furnace filter every month.
- Inspect your heating vents to make sure they are open and aren’t blocked by furniture, rugs, or other obstructions.
- Install insulation in your attic to trap the heat inside.
- Get your roof checked to confirm that your shingles are intact, and no holes or areas need sealing.
- Replace your old furnace with a newer, more efficient model if your current one is 15 years old or more.
Attempting to keep your energy efficiency high and costs low is a year-round practice, one that can seem overwhelming at times. However, that doesn’t mean that you can’t do some of the little things to make sure your bills are as small as possible.
If you have any questions about the tips above or other ways you can reduce your heating bills, give us a call at (615) 444-1452. Our experts are here to help keep your home more affordably comfortable through the cold Lebanon – Wilson County, Tennessee weather.